The church was built in 1512 and was part of the Monastery of Santa Cruz. The interior is decorated in several different styles such as Baroque and Gothic. There are many beautiful paintings decorating the walls and there is a lifesize carving of the Last Supper on the left in front of the main altar. It is located in Plaza Santo Domingo the the barrio realejo. In front of the church there is a small plaza with the statue of the Dominican priest and writer Fray Luis de Granada. Thie best time to visit is on Sunday, also it is open before mass at 9 in the morning or in the evening. There is a bar in front of this church called this Ajo Blanco which has a very good selection of wines and would be a good place for a wine buff.
See more photographs of Granada